- Private fields
- Organized schedule
- Small hunting groups
- Birds stocked 3x each Saturday, plus Mondays
- Bring lots of shells, they are fast!
Bird Stocking Guidelines & Responsibilities
- Each Color Group is responsible for picking up and stocking the birds in their assigned area during the hunting season.
- The early groups can pick up birds any time since the shed will not be locked; remember, hunting starts at 8:00 AM and ends at 10:00 AM. Mid-day groups can pick up birds anytime after 9:30. Hunting starts at 11:00 AM and ends at 1:00 PM. Afternoon groups can pick up birds anytime after 12:30 PM. Afternoon hunting starts at 2:00 PM and ends at 4:00 PM. These pick up times will allow sufficient time to travel to the hunting areas and stock birds prior to the start times.
- The person or persons from each group picking up the birds will sign for the birds on the Sign Out Sheet attached to the inside of the bird shed door. Sign the sheet in the appropriate time block for your assigned area.
- Each Color Group is responsible for returning the empty crate to the bird shed at the completion of the day’s hunt.
- Birds will be returned to the main pen if a crate is not picked up by 9:00 AM for the morning hunt, 12:00 PM for the mid-day Hunt and by 2:30 PM for the afternoon hunt.
Inclement Weather Days (Rain or Snow)
In the event of heavy rain or snow, past history has shown that some people do not show up to hunt. For those of your group that will hunt during these days, please determine the number of hunters and only take sufficient birds for people that will hunt. For example, DO NOT take a full crate if only two people will hunt. The number of birds to be stocked is two (2) per hunter. The returned birds will be used to supplement future hunting days by either increasing the number of birds per group or by extending the season. Remember, when stocking, the birds do not fly well with wet wings.